dinsdag 13 september 2005

The Navaho Sandpaintings

Other drawings that are among my favorite are Navaho Sandpaintings, made by the Navaho Native Americans. I never saw one in reality, but some art books have pictures of them, and I always find myself looking at them in awe and admiration. The strange thing about them is that they are not made as art, but as a healing device, used in a ritual to heal someone. When the healing ritual is finished, people wipe the sandpainting away, leaving no trace of it. These images I found on http://www.snowwowl.com/naartsandp.html where I also stumbled upon an internet radio station which broadcasts native american music, but also jazz, blues and country 24 hours a day: http://www.gatheringofnations.com/gonradio/
I am sorry that I can't give you direct links to these sites here. The link function is not working properly right now. You can find the direct links however in the Links section on the right of this weblog, right beneath my profile.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten